Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treat?

Here in US they're crazy about the Halloween.  I don't get it any excitement about it.  Why??? Simply I was brought and taught to celebrate life with Jesus!  It would be kill joy to some people especially those Filipino who live now in US because they taught just for fun.  I like to dress up but not to the extent to put my Christian life away for a day just to have fun.

My Church, we have fall fest every year for kids where we have games, and giving candies for kids too.  No need to trick...just treat them with love, care and time.  Many people asked me if we took our son for trick or treat?  No.  We are not introducing him those craziest practices.  But it fun, they said.  We can have fun acknowledging the power of light.  I don't want him to enjoy the darkness rather than the light. 

I am a believer of Christ.  I should teach my son what the bible says rather than the world teaches us.  Celebrating the halloween is a pagan belief.  Celebrating Christ favor and goodness everyday the best thing he needs to learn.  We have lots of candies and put on a lot of weight and fall into the darkness pit?  Would you like to walk in the light? or in the dark?

No comments: