Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy birthday, baby!

My old man turned another year older,lol. My hubby always told me he is my old man. It has been awhile since he had a birthday party and I thought it would be great to have one this year; to invite our friends and family to come over in our house. I asked him if he is okay to have a party at home and he said yes.  A month ago, I started thinking what should I do his birthday.  I asked some of our friends if they are available on Lance birthday and they said yes.  So the birthday plan started there.  

Okay, my hubby knew that we are celebrating his birthday at home with friends...but he don't know the whole concept of his birthday party.  He didn't know who are coming to his party, I sneaked on him.  I verbally invited our church friend and sent email to his parents about the idea of having a semi-surprised party for him on his birthday itself.  Everybody agreed! 

Our friends volunteered to bring some food. My hubby asked me if I can make his 3 favorite Asian dishes (Chinese, Korean bbq, and Lumpia (Spring rolls) ). When I woke up yesterday I started cooking and I quitted when I prepare myself going to church.  When we came home I went back cooking again until our guests start coming at 3pm. Our kitchen was full of foods, we both have heavy and light foods and desserts.  They are all yummy.   After our early dinner, Lisa, Mom and I brought the cake out from Lisa's room.  My hubby didn't have idea what cake we had for him.  Yep, Lisa and I thought it would be funny to get him a transformer cake.  The kids wanted to blow the candle with him, they were excited to see the transformer mask on top of the cake. 

After  eating the cake and ice cream, it's time to open cards and gifts.  Our friend Francis gave him a shirt that has print in front that says "Who is your daddy?".  We all laughed, when he flipped the back the whole message was written there -God is the father of all.  About time to open the cards, what is a card without money, isn't it?  My hubby never thought about that from other people who gave him card except from our family because we knew they gave some money on our birthday.  

The last card he opened was from everybody.  I provided the card for everybody to signed in as requested by his bestfriend Danny.  Danny knew what Lance want to get.  He has been looking this stuff for a year he said...but just too expensive and his wife would not lend him some money-that's me, lol.  Danny was talking to Lance on the phone and suddenly thought it would be great idea if all our friends who love Lance will contribute some money to get him a guitar pickups.  Oh yeah, another guitar stuff.  That was great idea...everybody like Dan's idea.  Our goal is to reach at least $300.   After opening all the presents and card and counted all the money the total amount reached over $400.  Whew!  Everybody was happy and very excited and said "we met our goal".  My hubby was surprised and very happy too.  He could not wait, while everybody were enjoying the party and food he got his laptop and order the stuff.  Until lastnight we were both overwhelmed with his 34th birthday party.  We are so blessed to have a wonderful  family and church family around us.  God is very faithful to our lives! 

4 comments:

Genefaith said...

Happy Birthday sa hubby mo friend? How young naman sya..he..he,..

Emotionally Entertaining said...

Hhhmmm..sounds like fun!

Gorgeous MUM said...

belated happy birthday to your loving husband!

PinayWAHM said...

Huli man daw at magaling...huli pa din...still, a belated birthday greetings to your husband. Here's wising him more birthdays to celebrate....

Juliana