Monday, December 19, 2011

Flood Victims

A sad news I wakes my morning yesterday.  A storm hitted Cagayan de Oro City and Iligan city.  There are many houses washed away due of flood and also there are numbers of people died.  I might say, life of individual residents are more important than their houses.   There are families that still didn't find some of their loveones.  They don't have running waters and electricity.  Don't have enough food and housing is very limited.  The evacuation center are fully loaded already.  They are cold, wet, homeless people now.

Cagayan de Oro has a big place in my heart.  I lived there for over 7 years.  I went school and work there.  I  also learned how to live on my own.  That city taught me a lot.  I grew into maturity, responsible and became who I am now.  I love CDO!  A place that nurtured me into spiritual maturity too. 

Right now, a city been shaken.  Shaken that I know in the future God will raise again.  Raise for his Glory!  A city to be a mission sending city once again.  Businesses will prosper and Christianity will grow in numbers.  This is my prayer!

No comments: