Friday, July 13, 2012

The oathtaking day!

Today, is the day that I become  US citizen.  It's a mixed emotions...It was easy as I thought but not actually.  Lastnight, when I came home from work I started thinking about it and stressing myself.  I could hardly slept.  Infact, I slept 2-3 hours only the whole evening.  My heart was heavy.  I didn't mean to but it made me think.

When we got to the court house all applicant's was given a chance to re-think again.  We had our papers and some important questions that needed to ask.  We checked-in and had some breakfast buffet served.  That was awesome and thoughtful of them.  We felt really welcomed and blessed to be part of this country.

As soon as the national antheme was sang,  I could not help it but carried away.  My eyes start watered and my heart beat faster.  This is it...!  The day,  I'm becoming a new citizen.  After the oath ceremony my inlaws asked me how I feel and I told them the honest answer "Mixed emotions".  Happy and sad.  I know the fact that this is not for my own good but also for my husband and son.  They are my family and I do what is best for all of us.  Right???  I may be alright as soon as I send my passport application soon. And, express the right to vote for the upcoming Federal election.

No comments: