Thursday, April 17, 2008

Meet Them!

Today, I celebrate my one year anniversary of arriving in Arkansas. Time has flown so fast! Lance and I didn't fly on the same flight from Manila, Philippines because if we did it would be too expensive. He flew 16 hours ahead of me. He picked me up at Arkansas domestic airport(LIT) in Little Rock. I had fun on the long flight, even though I didn't have enough sleep. I met some of friends while in the plane and at the airport, great fun.

I had an interesting flight; I flew from Manila to Los Angeles and the turbulance drove me crazy as we crossed over the Pacific Ocean. I had a 5 hour layover in Los Angeles before boarding my flight to Atlanta, GA. That was the first time I used US dollar bills, which made me confused when I had to count the pennies in my pocket,lol. I was thirsty and I didn't have credit card to swipe-hahaha!

After for 2 hours of waiting at Atlanta airport, finally it's boarding time going to Arkansas. It was an hour and 45 minutes to Little Rock and Lance picked me up at the airport and took me on to his apartment. Yes, my in-laws were waiting for me. I was a bit nervous to meet them for the first time, but to my surprise they were very ready for me to be with their son. They stayed over the weekend to prepare for my coming. My Father-in-law bought me flowers as a welcome gift and Mom and Lisa prepared food for us.

When they left our apartment Lance and I both had jet lag and slept all day. When we woke up, he took me to see our house that was under construction at that time. We went to see Danny, Monica and Emma; then to meet our Pastor and his wife. They want to find out the answer about their riddle "about me?", lol. Well, they are all my good, good buddies here. I praise God for His grace and faithfulness through this year! Glory to God!

No comments: