Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Soothing Johan to sleep

What's up? Why you won't go back to sleep in your own bed. You were doing so good for so many weeks. What happen? I kept asking this question to my infant when we put him in his bed at night and then he want to sleep with us. When he don't feel good I understand that he needs comfort from mommy and daddy. But it has been difficult for me and him. For me, because I kept thinking hope he will not crawl out of the bed while me and his daddy are sleeping.

Couple times I woke up and look for him he was on the other end of the bed. That scare me and keep telling my husband we need to put him in his crib. But 'twas hard because he cried to the top of his lungs. I'm so glad we live in our own house so neighbor could not hear baby's cry at night.

Yesterday, was his Dr. appointment and blessed to hear that his Dr. told me that he is perfectly healthy. No problem about feeding him and weaning him in the bottle since he drink from cp cup sometimes and that's our goal that he will not use his bottle when he turns one. I don't want to be like parents letting their children drinking milk in the bottle even they are 2 years old and beyond.

Anyway, soothing him to sleep in his own bed was hard for the first night but I would say we did it successfully. I would be thankful for hubby for doing it consistently lastnight. When I got home Johan heard me and wanting me to compromise but instead held him and calm him down. Assuring him that we love him so much. After few minutes he is ready to sleep and slowly put him down in his bed and he sleep good and I got some good sleep too. Hopefully we are going to be successful of doing this.

No comments: