Friday, July 9, 2010

Watermelon, yum!


They always said, no other fruit says summer like the subtly crunchy, thirst quenching watermelon. Although watermelons can now be found in the markets throughout the year, the season for watermelon is in the summer when they are sweet and of the best quality.

As a member of the Cucurbitaceae family, the watermelon is related to the cantaloupe, squash and pumpkin, other plants that also grow on vines on the ground. Watermelons can be round, oblong or spherical in shape and feature thick green rinds that are often spotted or striped. They range in size from a few pounds to upward of ninety pounds.

I've been eating watermelon this summer..it quench my thirst aside from drinking water and my tummy filled up too.  To fight my thirst and hungry..watermelon is the best food.  I remember 5 years ago when I was in Thailand watermelon is my favorite fruit over there.  They are sweet, juicy and satisfied my humid days. 

I'm so glad I got pregnant all the way summer that I can have my watermelon in very low price.  I know, many told me that I will be all the heat this summer since I am pregnant but never regret all the fruits and vegetables are available on summer days.  Fight your thirst this summer- watermelon!

No comments: