Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Guard Against Greed

"Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income." Ecclesiastes 5:10 NIV

Greed comes in many forms. Greed for approval. Greed for applause. Greed for status. Greed for the best office, the fastest car, the prettiest date. Greed has many faces, but speaks one language; the language of more. Epicurus noted, “Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.” And what was that observation of John D. Rockefeller’s? He was asked, “How much money does it take to satisfy a man?” He answered, “Just a little more.” Wise was the one who wrote, “Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income” (Eccles. 5:10 NIV).

Greed has a growling stomach. Feed it, and you risk more than budget-busting debt. You risk losing purpose. -Max Lucado.

It's true greed has a growling stomach. Sometimes, I see myself that I'm not productive though I work so hard. It because my intention is different, maybe I become greedy. Greedy of success, greed of appreciation and etc. Only the holy can help me to guard my heart, my mind from greediness.

No comments: