Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Loving Father

“The Father has loves us so much that we are called children of God.” I John 3:1

When my oldest daughter, Jenna, was four years old, she came to me with a confession. “Daddy, I took a crayon and drew on the wall.” (Kids amaze me with their honesty.)

I sat down and lifted her up into my lap and tried to be wise. “Is that a good thing to do?” I asked her.

“No.”

“What does Daddy do when you write on the wall?”

“You spank me.”

“What do you think Daddy should do this time?”

“Love.”

Don’t we all want that? Don’t we all long for a father who, even though our mistakes are written all over the wall, will love us anyway?

We do have that type of a father. A father who is at his best when we are at our worst. A father whose grace is a strongest when our devotion is weakest. -Max Lucado.
The Love of God is very unconditional. No one can fathom no one can compare. He loves us that's why we deserve of His discipline when we do something. It doesn't mean he don't love us, but showing us that he don't want us to go astray!

No comments: