Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Phentermine

I encouraged myself to start taking walks again, and I started today. I have a little difficulty on motivating myself back into exercising, especially if I’ve missed one day of our daily routine. In science studies they have developed diet pills as one of the choices of alternatives in losing weight. One of these pills is called Phentermine. Phentermine is a drug under the amphetamine and phenethylamine class. It itself is not an amphetamine. Phentermine, like many other prescription drugs, is a centrally acting drug. This means that it works in the brain by stimulating neuron bundles to release a particular group of neuotransmitters known as catecholamines. This pill is very effective, but like other drugs, Phentermine has side effects of having too much adrenaline and noradrenaline. Such side possible side effects are tachycardia (increased heart rate) and elevated blood pressure, but the incidence and magnitude of these appear to be less than with the amphetamines. It may also cause dry mouth, constipation, diarrhea, restlessness, and insomnia. Before taking any drugs it is better to consult your Physician.

No comments: