Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall Festival 2008

Who are you tonight Ms. Mimi? The question I heard from the kids when I came in the church premises last wednesday evening. I said, I'm the member of "M-I-B". Men in Black? No, "Mimi-in-Black", lol. They were laughing and said but you are trying to immitate the Men in Black outfit. That's right but I'm a Woman. Huh? Where's the "Men in Black"? Right there, pointing on Lance's direction. Aha, you're right Mr. Lance is the "Man in Black" not you...! I told you I'm a member of "M-I-B", just in my personal meaning. The kids agreed too!

Yes, we had an early fall fest celebration for our AWANA club. That was one of the special events for the AWANA kids who come to our classes this year. They invited some of their friends to join them on this special events. We Awana staff, prepared games and candies for the kids to enjoy. Lance and I assigned on the "Pingpong tossed" area. The toughest and tiring games ever. They could hardly shoot the pingpong ball inside the jar, it bouched up and we have to run to get the ball before we lost. To see the smiles of those kids made us happy too.

One of my favorite game was the "maze". This year, Jesse made a big, long, confusing maze. On my first try I almost give up in the middle of dark; I was lost, I could not get out. When I finally found the exit I was happy and I did it couple times with little Emma (the daughter of hubby's bestfriend). She loves it and asked me to do it again and we did.

That night, Lance and I accompany Dan in the bus to dropped the 20 kids off to their home. I thought they live close where our church was but to my surprised they live 20 miles away. So thankful their parents let them to come and attend AWANA program in the church. They are the kids ages 4-12 years old. They wait for the bus to come and pick them up in the afternoon and dropped them off after AWANA at 8:30 in the evening.
Pictures..pictures...! We were busy that night with our assignments and we didn't get a chance to took picture of the kids. We have an official photographer so I'm waiting to receive a copy from her soon.

No comments: