Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Cambodia Divorce Case

This might be hilarious but it happens in reality. I got an email from my friend an article that talks about the Cambodian couple divorce case. I know this is very sensitive topic and serious one but it cracked me up.
A couple from PHNOM PENH, Cambodia has ended their 18-years of marriage with a divorce settlement that entailed sawing in two the wooden house they once shared, villagers. That makes them to have a unique settlement.

The husband, 42-year-old Moeun Sarim, has taken away with him all the bits and pieces of his half a house, said his 35-year-old wife, Vat Navy. "Very strange, but this is what my husband wanted," she said by phone from a village about 62 miles east of Cambodia's capital, Phnom Penh. She said they ended their marriage last month. Read more...

No comments: