Thursday, October 23, 2008

When Circumstances happen- wrecked

When my hubby came home from work today he asked me to go to wal-mart store. I was hesitant to go but I did anyway. He told me to drive the car and I did too. I'm still doing my practice actually. And, I was practicing his standard car this time. This is not my first time to drove his car going to the store. But, unexpected circumstances happened while I tried to make my turn in the hills intersection.

I always had trouble in that hill intersection but I surpassed many times too. Tonight, I failed the car rolled back and hitted the car behind us. In standard car is far different from automatic cars. The automatic you only focus on the break and gas pedal but the standard clutch, break and gas pedal. My hubby really want me to learn to drive both of the cars.

We got out from our car and check what I had damaged from the car behind us. My hubby took over the driver seat and pulled the car a little bit. I was thankful we didn't see anything from their car bumper. It happened that there's police car passing us. They stopped and helped us.

The husband was so nice and very sweet and he said, everything was fine. So thankful nobody was hurt and our cars were in good conditions. But when the wife went out and check it and she pointed the barely seen 2 scratches in the bumper. She and her husband argued a little bit. The husband said, that's alright we're not sure that scratches only happened today. The wife insisted, lol. The funny about it the husband rolling his eyes and smiled to us. Lance and I looked each other and smiled too. The policemen were smiling too because they also barely seen those scratches.

But we knew our responsibility, we have to take care the said damaged. Lance's called Mom (she is our insurance agent), to informed her what happened. We settled to them and gave them our insurance policy included our contact number. When we explained to them that I'm practicing my driving they understand and encouraged that it happens to a lot of people all the time. The husband hugged me and told us we will not worry about it. His wife cool down after awhile especially when she found out I was driving the standard car. She said, she don't know how to drive those cars who has gear stick-hehehe. Well, that wrecked was a blessing too; we met our neighbor. Those couple live 2 street away from house. We will wait until tomorrow when they calculate how much the cost to cover those scratches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to star learning to drive again too, but the traffic in my city is really crazy, especially the motorcyles and buses. And when there's incident that includes motorcyle, then many times people will back up the motorcylist regardless the person is wrong or right. So it's tough..