Thursday, September 18, 2008

My first trip to Thailand

Thailand was the first country I been to. I remembered when the immigration officer checked my passport he asked me if my age in my passport was right. I smiled and said, yes that's true! I knew I look younger than my age. I can show more proof like my birth certificate. He said, no need and she stamped my passport.

Whew! I was scared that he will not let me to leave the country at that time. It would be a big frustration if he will not allow me to pass the immigration because I had everything I needed for my trip. When he said, okay I let you go I felt like floating in the sky. I was determined to go of course!

When I was on board I was thinking what will be my life in Thailand would be. Thai people could hardly understand English and even coudn't speak. When we landed in Bangkok, I have only 5 minutes left for my connecting flight. I was so scared that the plane will leave me. I don't know where's the domestic area. I kept asking the staff, security at the airport but they didn't gave me the right answers. That started the language barriers. I was determined to find the domestic area and thank God I finally found it. When I check in the counter he said I have to wait a little longer because the plane just arrive. Then, I felt better and relax.

No comments: