Friday, September 26, 2008

New Look of Philippine Passport

I heard a lot of rumors that the old Philippine passport (the green passport) will no longer valid next year. I was worried a little bit about this because I still have 2 years before my green passport will expire. And, if this gonna happen I am not sure if I can go home next year to attend my brother's wedding. What is true about this? Well, the new passport is neat because it's magnetic. The immigration officer no need to stamp anymore; it has to be swipe in their machine to validate only. Isn't that cool?

When I was in Thailand before, every month I exit in Malaysia and the immigration officer of both countries demand of a magnetic passport from me. How we can do that? We were not in high-tech system yet. But, now the Philippines evolve into the next level. Here's the new look of the Philippine Passport.

No comments: