Friday, September 26, 2008

Naturally Speaking 10 Preferred

Are you computer literate? I remember the first time I used a computer. It was when I was already in college. The country that I grew up in was so far behind when you speak of technology. Back in those days very few schools were fortunate enough to have computers. We had different facilities like a science laboratory; electronics, steno and typing class, but none of these had any computers. When I stepped into the real world, the world full of devices and technologies, everything worked much easier and quicker. What's the latest thing? Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 Preferred gives small businesses and advanced PC users the power to create documents, reports and e-mails three times faster than most people type -- with up to 99% accuracy. When I read about this all I could say was "Wow"! This is so cool. Making the job quicker and easy and it was proven to be up to 99% accurate and three times faster than the average typist.

Another offering of the software is Dragon Naturally Speaking 10 Standard which allows you to talk to your computer and watch your spoken words instantly appear in documents, e-mail and instant messages. This is what I was telling my hubby, this is voice recognition software. Isn't that nice that while you are talking, you can see all those words you said? How I wish there's an instant translation for non English words that have been spoken. This is very interesting check out the NY Times Review of DNS10.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They seem to have a little bitty typo in your article where it states, "the world of full of "

It probably has one too many "of"'s :) and should read "the world full of"

Hopefully the correction will help your other readers. :-)